Tools & Maintenance
Protect your instrument and improve data quality with this powerful pair from Restek. Checking for leaks and verifying flows before you start running help you avoid costly problems later.
Don't let a small leak turn into a costly repair
—protect your analytical column by using a Restek leak detector.
- Audible tone indicates the severity of a leak.
- Redesigned circuitry offers 12 hours of operation between charges.
- Detects a broad range of gases; Ex rated for use with hydrogen and other explosive gases.*
Flowmeters that can measure flammable gases are becoming mandatory due to the increased use of hydrogen in chromatography. With its Ex rating, the Restek ProFLOW 6000 meter is designed specifically with explosive and flammable gases in mind.
- Specifically designed to cut 1/8
"to 1-1/8 "(4 mm to 28 mm) OD tubing.
- Easily cuts stainless steel, Monel alloy, and other hard-temper materials.
- Unique design makes clean, right-angle cuts and eliminates spiraling.
- Integral reamer folds away for safety and convenience.
- Replacement cutter wheels also available.
Poor sensitivity, loss of sensitivity at high masses, or high multiplier gain during an auto tune are all indicators that your mass spectrometer source may need to be cleaned. Restek has assembled all of the necessary components for cleaning and polishing your ion source.
for Agilent 5890/6890 GCs
- Ensure even and consistent column heating when the insulation becomes damaged or worn.
- Replacement Insulation Gasket and Hardware Kit includes the insulation gasket, 2 screws and 2 nuts.
- Meets or exceeds original manufacturer's performance.
- Insulation is replaceable, using Restek's Oven Flapper Assemblies.
This high-power, 170-lumen LED light features a rotating magnetic clip that attaches securely to give you convenient, hands-free lighting in almost any location. The reinforced plastic body design is water- and impact-resistant, making it reliable and virtually indestructible.
for use with Shimadzu 17A, 2010, and 2014 Capillary Installation Gauge
- Cuts 1/16
", 1/8 ", or 1/4 "tubing with inside diameter as small as 0.008 ".
- Electrically operated bench-top model.
- Handy 1/16
"dressing tool (included) on the swing arm removes burrs and reams tubing.
- Voltage selectable 110
–120/220 –240 volts, 50 –60 Hz.*
This kit contains the tubing and fittings needed to add an additional GC to your lab bench. Kit includes: tubing cutter, one 1/8-inch x 1/4-inch reamer, one 1/4-inch x 1/8-inch brass tube end reducer, one 7/16-inch wrench, one 1/2-inch wrench, four 1/8-inch brass tees, ten 1/8-inch brass nuts, ten brass front and back ferrules, and 50 feet (15.2 meters) of our instrument-grade cleaned 1/8-inch copper tubing.
- Ideal for cutting 1/16-inch tubing.
- Cuts quickly, reducing distortion.
- Perfect for quick cuts for non-critical applications or in "hard to get at" places.
- After cutting, it is recommended that the dressing tool, cat.# 20188, be used to remove any burrs and to ream the tubing to a uniform shape.
for Agilent GCs
- Convenient: all the parts you need in one package
—no hunting for individual items.
- Economical: costs less than the sum of the individual parts.
- Clean: Mylar bag is factory sealed; no contamination of the products from weeks in the lab.
The tapered tools in this kit have teeth designed to grip and remove fused silica adaptor ferrules that have become stuck in the fitting detail. Each kit has two tools: one for removing 1/32-inch adaptor ferrules and one for removing 1/16-inch adaptor ferrules.
Unlike brass brushes that can leave a metal residue, these stainless steel tube brushes (3/8-, 3/16-, and 1/4-inch) work well for cleaning dirty collectors, injector ports, and detector ports. The surface brush can be used to remove residue that builds up on metal detector jets and electronic contacts.
for Agilent 5890/6890 GCs
for Restek ProFLOW 6000 Electronic Flowmeter or Leak Detector
- 1 mL flowmeter for flows between 0.1 and 10 cc/min.
- 50 mL flowmeter for flows between 10 and 300 cc/min.
- Includes a reservoir bulb, twenty-four inches (60 cm) of 1/4-inch ID tubing, adaptor tubes for 1/8-inch tubing and 0.53 mm ID capillary columns, and Velcro fasteners.