Growing Analytical Solutions for Cannabis Labs
- Restek is an industry leader in new chromatography products and emerging applications.
- We offer a full line of GC and LC supplies for fast, accurate, reliable cannabis analyses.
- Extensive line of certified reference materials manufactured and QC tested in ISO-accredited labs.
- Your continued success is our goal—we provide expert support for both startups and established labs.
Whether you are an experienced potency testing chemist or a manager starting up a new lab, Restek has the products and expertise you need for successful cannabis analyses. We’ve been committed to this emerging industry from its humble beginnings through its recent years of rapid growth. During that time, we produced the first technical literature on potency testing in the business, and our experts continue to provide cutting-edge scientific support and a comprehensive line of products for new tests as they emerge. From analyzing potency and pesticides by LC to testing terpenes and residual solvents by GC, Restek offers the chromatography columns, accessories, and sample preparation supplies that you need for fast, accurate, reliable marijuana analyses. In addition, we have an extensive selection of cannabinoid-related certified reference materials (CRMs), manufactured and QC tested in ISO-accredited laboratories.
We’re proud to have helped cannabis labs establish sound analytical practices from the beginning, and we will continue to be there for you every step of the way as the testing landscape changes. Explore our products and resources and grow your cannabis testing business with analytical solutions from Restek!
midpolarity Crossbond phase
- Special selectivity and excellent inertness for substituted polar compounds, such as drugs, pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, phenols, etc.
- Provides superior separation for cannabinoids.
- Very low-bleed phase for GC-MS analysis.
- Extended temperature range: 50 °C up to 360 °C.
midpolarity Crossbond phase
- Low-bleed, high-thermal stability column
—maximum temperatures up to 300 –320 °C.
—excellent peak shape for a wide range of compounds.
—G43 phase highly selective for volatile organics and residual solvents, great choice for USP <467 >.
- Manufactured for column-to-column reproducibility
—well suited for validated methods.
low-polarity phase; Crossbond diphenyl dimethyl polysiloxane
- General-purpose columns for semivolatiles, phenols, amines, residual solvents, drugs of abuse, pesticides, PCB congeners (e.g., Aroclor mixes), solvent impurities.
- Most inert column on the market.
- Tested and guaranteed for ultra-low bleed; improved signal-to-noise ratio for better sensitivity and mass spectral integrity.
- Temperature range: -60 °C to 330/350 °C.
- Equivalent to USP G27 and G36 phases.
- Extend column lifetime.
- Excellent inertness
—obtain lower detection limits for active compounds.
- Sharper chromatographic peaks by utilizing retention gap technology.
- Maximum temperature: 360 °C.
- Ideal for high-throughput LC-MS/MS applications with minimal sample preparation.
- Well-balanced retention profile for better detection and integration of large, multiclass analyte lists.
- Sterically protected to endure low-pH mobile phases without sacrificing retention or peak quality.
- Part of Restek’s Raptor LC column line featuring 1.8, 2.7, and 5 µm SPP core-shell silica.
Ligand Type: proprietary polar modified and functionally bonded C18
Particle: 3 µm or 5 µm, spherical
Pore Size: 100 Å
Carbon Load: 15%
Surface Area: 300 m2/g
pH Range: 2.5 to 8
Maximum Temperature: 80 °C
Comprehensive suite of certified reference materials developed specifically
for cannabis analysis.
- Single and multiple component standards as specified in EN Method 15662.
- Support for GC and HPLC with MS, MS/MS, and selective detectors.
- Ready to use for QuEChERS extractions—no dilutions necessary.
- Detect and quantify USP
<467 >Class 2 residual solvents in pharmaceuticals.
- Reformulated to include cumene, added to USP
<467 >Class 2 list in August 2013.
- Quantitatively tested to confirm composition and stability; detailed support documentation provided.
- Restek is your complete supplier for world-class USP
<467 >residual solvent analysis: reference standards, Rxi-624Sil MS (G43) and Stabilwax (G16) GC columns, inlet liners, accessories, applications, and more.
- Multicomponent mixes simplify standard prep and reduce variability.
- Ideal for USP <467> residual solvents analysis.
- Verified composition and stability.
- Accurately detect and quantify pesticides of global food safety concern in a wide range of fruits, vegetables, and other commodities by LC-MS/MS.
- Full kit contains 204 compounds of interest, covering many LC-determined pesticides listed by government agencies; individual ampuls also sold separately.
- Accurately identify and quantify pesticide residues by GC-MS/MS in fruits, vegetables, botanicals, and herbals such as tea, ginseng, ginger, echinacea, and dietary supplements.
- Comprehensive 203-compound kit covers food safety lists by the FDA, USDA, and other global governmental agencies; individual ampuls also sold separately.
- Free-flowing salts transfer easily and completely.
- Easy-open packets eliminate the need for a second empty tube for salt transfer.
- Convenient slim packets fit perfectly into tubes to prevent spills.
- Ready-to-use tubes, no glassware required.
- Pre-weighed, ultra-pure extraction salts.
- Ideal for original unbuffered, AOAC (2007.01), and European (EN 15662) QuEChERS methods.
Fast, Simple Sample Prep for Multiresidue Pesticide Analysis
- Packaged in foil subpacks of 10 for enhanced protection and storage stability.
- Ready-to-use tubes, no glassware required.
- Pre-weighed, ultra-pure sorbents.
- Support original unbuffered, AOAC (2007.01), European (EN 15662), and mini-multiresidue QuEChERS methods.
- Supports 50 mL, 15 mL, and 2 mL centrifuge tubes.
- Small footprint requires less bench space.
- Safe and reliable
—UL, CSA, and CE approved; 1-year warranty.
- Available for 2 mL, 15 mL, and 50 mL tubes.
- Alphanumerical grid reference on top tier for easy identification of samples.
- Easy to assemble; simply fold and snap together securely.
- Convenient, multiple adsorbent beds in a single cartridge.
- For use in multiresidue pesticide analysis to remove matrix interferences.
- Excellent for cleanup of dietary supplement extracts.
C18 (high load, endcapped)
- Recommended for samples containing less than 10% solid particulates.
- Easy-to-use vials offer fast sample filtration and require only a squeeze of your fingers.
- Minimize sample loss by eliminating multiple transfers.
- Color-coded caps allow easy identification of 0.2 μm or 0.45 μm membranes in PVDF, PTFE, PES, or nylon.
- Preslit PTFE/silicone caps help eliminate broken autosampler needles and cored septa.
- Rugged polypropylene vial houses insert with 450 μL loading capacity and low dead volume (120 μL).
- Fit most standard 12 x 32 mm autosamplers, including UHPLC instruments.
- Use with any standard male luer end SPE cartridges.
- Inert, PTFE sample guides reduce cross-contamination and carryover.
- Flexible sample collection rack will accommodate a variety of receiving vessels.
- Quick vacuum-release valve for better system control.
- Individual valves allow vacuum control for each cartridge, improving reproducibility.
- Free-Turn architecture lets you change cartridges by hand without breaking inlet/outlet fluid connections
—no tools needed.
- Patented titanium hybrid ferrules can be installed repeatedly without compromising high-pressure seal.
- Auto-adjusting design provides ZDV (zero dead volume) connection to any 10-32 female port.
- EXP direct connect holder requires separate guard column cartridges; available from Restek in 2.1, 3.0, and 4.6 mm.
Supplies & Accessories
Full line of GC consumables, lab tools to make your life easier, and replacement parts for all major instrument manufacturers.
- Vials packaged in a clear-lid tray.
- Preassembled caps with septa packaged separately in a plastic bag.
- Black polypropylene open-hole caps and 8 mm red PTFE/silicone septa, 0.065
- Available with cemented needles (N/F) or removable needles (RN/R).
- Each syringe plunger and barrel assembly is manufactured as one working unit; components are not interchangeable or individually replaceable.
posted Fri, Feb 23, 2018Cannabis Concentrates Part II: We’re Heading to Space!
posted Wed, Dec 27, 2017Cannabis Concentrates Part I: Introduction to Residual Solvents
posted Thu, Dec 29, 2016Can HPLC-UV Be Used For Terpenes Analysis In Cannabis?
posted Mon, Apr 27, 2015Residual Solvents in Cannabis – to MS or not to MS?
posted Wed, Jan 14, 2015CBDV and THCV on the Rxi-35Sil MS GC Column with Other Cannabinoids
posted Fri, Apr 20, 2012Medical Marijuana Musings
posted Wed, Aug 03, 2011Medical Marijuana Solvent Extraction Efficiency – Potency Determinations with GC-FID
posted Sat, Jul 30, 2011The Impact of a Dirty Marijuana Extract on Pesticide Recoveries from a Splitless GC Inlet
posted Sat, Jul 02, 2011The Bard Hits the Bong?
posted Wed, Apr 20, 2011First QuEChERS Extraction of Marijuana with GCxGC-TOFMS Analysis, dudes…
|View all our cannabis blogs...|
Featured Application: Cannabinoid Profiles on Raptor ARC-18 - High Throughput Analysis of Cannabinoids by LC-UV
This simple, isocratic LC-UV analysis of cannabinoids provides complete resolution of 16 cannabinoids, allowing accurate quantitative potency and profile data to be reported. All compounds are separated to baseline in a fast, 9-minute analysis, making this method suitable for high-throughput cannabis testing labs.
Analysis of Synthetic Cannabinoids and Metabolites: Adding New Compounds to an Existing LC-MS/MS Method
The analysis of synthetic cannabinoids and their metabolites can be a difficult and challenging task. Keeping up with the ever-growing list of synthetic cannabinoids that illicit drugmakers produce further complicates the analysis. As shown here, the retention and selectivity of the Raptor Biphenyl column allows new drugs to be added to an existing method, providing labs with an important vehicle for improving efficiency and productivity.
High-Quality Analysis of Pesticides in Cannabis Using QuEChERS, Cartridge SPE Cleanup, and GCxGC-TOFMS
As medical marijuana is more frequently prescribed, patient safety must be ensured. Pesticide residue testing is an important part of assuring safe product is dispensed, but analysis can be extremely challenging due to matrix complexity. The use of QuEChERS, cartridge SPE cleanup, and GCxGC-TOFMS as presented here, produces high-quality quantitative data for this difficult analysis.
Analysis of pesticide residues in foods is complicated by the large number of target compounds. LC-MS/MS analysis using an Aqueous C18 column provides more comprehensive results than GC alone.
Growing Analytical Solutions for Cannabis Testing: Innovative Products and Expertise for Fast, Accurate, Reliable Results
Restek has been helping cannabis labs establish innovative, cost-effective analytical solutions from the very beginning. We have the GC and LC products and expertise you need today for analyzing potency, terpenes, residual solvents, and pesticide residues. And we are developing the products you’ll need tomorrow for emerging cannabis applications in this fast-growing industry. (PDF - 9MB)
Stop spending your time and money developing LC-MS/MS or GC-MS/MS multiresidue pesticide methods and mixing reference standards when you could be running samples. Restek’s expert formulations chemists and chromatographers have already done the work for you—with guaranteed accuracy and at a lower cost. (PDF - 0MB)