Build a rock-solid analytical foundation with Restek reference standards
Crack open the best organic reference standards in the industry by choosing:
- ISO-recognized quality.
- Full-service custom flexibility.
- Easy-to-find documentation.
Your business, your accreditations, your reputation, and even your livelihood.... They are all supported by your reference standards, or reference materials (RMs). Those tiny ampuls are hugely important for your ability to identify analytes and validate methods. Whether you are processing environmental samples or petroleum products, testing pharmaceuticals or food, your laboratory cannot stand without a trusted source of high-quality organic reference standards.
Even with Restek’s industry-leading GC and LC columns, sample preparation materials, and accessories, you won’t get the results your customers demand without support from the finest reference standards available. We have an experienced team working two shifts per day to make sure that Restek reference standards offer you the extended shelf life, unsurpassed stability, and outstanding chromatographic performance you need to get your work done right.
Why Should You Switch to Restek Reference Standards?
Restek was founded by chemists and has succeeded by providing fellow chemists like you with the right tools for the job. When it comes to the time-consuming labor of mixing reference standards—not to mention sourcing, verifying, and storing your own raw materials—Restek’s internationally recognized experts have already done the work for you.
Download our brochure to learn more about our ISO-accredited labs and what makes Restek your first and best choice for reference standards.
10 Critical Steps to World-Class Reference Standards
Whether it’s a stock, off-the-shelf reference standard or a one-of-a-kind, custom-formulated solution, there are 10 critical steps that Restek takes to separate our reference standards from the competition. Walk through our process with us.
Search 1,000s of SKUs and Request Customs with One Easy Tool
More than 1/3 of the ampuls that leave Restek’s facility are custom-ordered reference standards. However, we are actually able to satisfy many of the custom requests we receive using off-the-shelf catalog products—with less waiting and lower cost. Our Search, Select, and Custom Request tool will help you immediately determine whether a catalog reference standard will suit your needs. If so, a click will add it to your order or quote; if not, simply proceed through the form to request a custom reference standard for some or all of your compounds of interest.
Maximize Your Profit Margins, Improve Your Data & Streamline Your Business
When you know you are going to need them anyway, why not set up a standing order for your custom reference standards? Establishing a standing order—also known as a blanket order—for your custom Restek reference standards is a great way to improve your data quality, make your job easier, and significantly extend the savings of volume pricing.
Convenience and Safety Included with Each Ampul
With each stock reference standard <5 mL, we include a deactivated screw-top vial (cat.# 24640) for worry-free transfer. You’ll also receive a Restek-exclusive Safe Cracker with every reference standard order: Opening a glass reference standard ampul with your hands—even if the ampul is prescored—is an injury waiting to happen. But you can help avoid accidental cuts and chemical exposures by using the Restek Safe Cracker.
Still Have Questions About Restek Reference Standards?
Our Reference Standards Product Manager and Technical Service Department have collected the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about reference standards and answered them all in one place.
- Accurately detect and quantify pesticides of global food safety concern in a wide range of fruits, vegetables, and other commodities by LC-MS/MS.
- Full kit contains 204 compounds of interest, covering many LC-determined pesticides listed by government agencies; individual ampuls also sold separately.
- Accurately identify and quantify pesticide residues by GC-MS/MS in fruits, vegetables, botanicals, and herbals such as tea, ginseng, ginger, echinacea, and dietary supplements.
- Comprehensive 203-compound kit covers food safety lists by the FDA, USDA, and other global governmental agencies; individual ampuls also sold separately.
- Designed for use in all QuEChERS methods for pesticides in fruits and vegetables, including the original unbuffered method, AOAC 2007.01, and EN 15662.
- Kit contains organochlorine, organonitrogen, organophosphorus, and carbamate pesticides commonly used on fruits and vegetables.
- Volatile, polar, active, base-sensitive, and nonvolatile compounds are included to allow comprehensive evaluation of QuEChERS extraction and cleanup efficiencies, and optimization of GC and LC instrumental conditions.
- Ideal for initial method evaluations and ongoing method performance validations.
- Analytes are divided into three ampuls based on compatibility for maximum stability and shelf life.*
- Precise formulations improve data quality and operational efficiency; spend more time running samples and less time sourcing and preparing standards.
- Quantitatively analyzed to confirm the composition and stability of each mixture.
*When combining compounds with different functionalities, chemical stability can be an issue. The analytes in this kit are separated into three mixes to ensure maximum long-term storage stability. For analysis, a fresh working standard should be prepared by combining the three kit mixes in a 1:1:1 ratio to prepare a 100 µg/mL working standard solution. Once blended, Restek does not recommend storing working standards or subsequent dilutions for future use.
Contains 1 mL each of these mixtures.
31153: QuEChERS Performance Standard A
31154: QuEChERS Performance Standard B
31155: QuEChERS Performance Standard C
- Formulated to contain the 16 major European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) PAH compounds.
- High concentration (100 μg/mL) solution provides value and flexibility. Dilute as needed for fortification and calibration mixes.
- Low-volatility toluene solvent provides longer shelf life, which helps ensure more accurate results.
- Broad solvent miscibility—compatible with acetonitrile, the QuEChERS solvent.
- Fewest mixtures needed for calibration and matrix spikes.
- Mixtures formulated for maximum stability.
- Contains most routinely analyzed compounds.
- Aroclor standards may exhibit lot-to-lot variation.
- See the Documentation tab for chromatograms on certificates of recently produced lots and inquire about availability.
1,000 μg/mL each in hexane, 1 mL/ampul
32006: Aroclor 1016
32007: Aroclor 1221
32008: Aroclor 1232
32009: Aroclor 1242
32010: Aroclor 1248
32011: Aroclor 1254
32012: Aroclor 1260
- Contains 76 compounds in one convenient ampul for the analysis of VOCs in solid waste.
- Quantitatively analyzed to confirm concentration and identity of each compound.
- Full 82-component EPA 524.3 list using as few as three ampuls
—reduce prep time and chances for error or contamination.
- EPA 524.3 VOA MegaMix ampul includes oxygenates group
—no need to order separately.
- Volatile gases prepared separately
—replace shorter-life components without wasting money on full list.
- Two options for internal and surrogate standards
—separate or combined mix.
- Also ideal for surface water and groundwater testing.
Canadian Test Kit registration numbers are assigned and available on individual product pages.
- Formulated to contain the major terpenes analyzed by cannabis labs.
- Prepared in two separate multicomponent mixes to maximize stability. (View mix 2.)
- Comprehensive blends minimize time spent preparing standards for marijuana analysis.
- High concentration (2,500 µg/mL) solutions provide value and maximize flexibility.
posted Sun, Apr 19, 2015New Restek EU PAH 15+1 Standard Separated on Rxi-PAH GC Column
posted Thu, Feb 12, 2015Medical Cannabis Terpenes Standards now available from Restek!
posted Tue, Jun 16, 2015The Most Useful Pesticide Standard Ever…monitoring GC inlet “dirtiness”
posted Thu, May 21, 2015You want them, I got them…a lot of them: pesticides GC-MS/MS transitions
posted Fri, Mar 20, 2015Easy Peasy: Optimized LC-QTRAP Method for Pesticide Residues
posted Fri, Feb 20, 2015Great Internal Standards for Pesticide Residues…SRMs too!
posted Fri, Jan 23, 2015QuEChERS – Where to start?
Restek has formulated the most complete set of EPA 524.3 reference standards for the monitoring of purgeable organic compounds in drinking water—using as few as three ampuls! This collection of certified reference materials (CRMs) also covers the seven volatile organic compounds (VOCs) included in UCMR3. (PDF - 0MB)
Stop spending your time and money developing LC-MS/MS or GC-MS/MS multiresidue pesticide methods and mixing reference standards when you could be running samples. Restek’s expert formulations chemists and chromatographers have already done the work for you—with guaranteed accuracy and at a lower cost. (PDF - 0MB)
Whether you analyze volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in drinking water using EPA Methods 525.2 or 525.3, Restek now offers a complete suite of CRMs containing all the compounds you need and none that you don't. (PDF - 0MB)
Maximize Your Profit Margins, Improve Your Data & Streamline Your Business: Establish a standing order for Restek reference standards
When you know you are going to need them anyway, why not set up a standing order for your custom reference standards? Establishing a standing order—also known as a blanket order—for your custom Restek reference standards, reference materials (RMs), and certified reference materials (CRMs) is a great way to improve your data quality, make your job easier, and significantly extend the savings of volume pricing. (PDF - 0MB)
Build a rock-solid analytical foundation with Restek reference standards. Our experienced team works two shifts per day to make sure that our reference standards offer you the extended shelf life, unsurpassed stability, and outstanding chromatographic performance you need to get your work done right. Learn more... (PDF - 0MB)